Wednesday 30 January 2013

Repurposing- Table From a Church Pew




I have mentioned my friend Dallas in a previous post and I wrote about how great he is at repurposing.






He made me my entrance-way key holder (which I LOVE) out of a plank that I found in a pile of trash to be burned. 







Post about this piece here






Well, for my Christmas gift this year I received a 'new' repurposed piece for my home, and it is very special to me. It is extra special because it is a table made out of an old pew from the church that I am a member of. So, every time I think about it, I feel the same sense of warmth and community that I feel when I walk through the doors of my church.












I love this table, it's perfect to set my wine on while I read a book, and my kids actually fight over sitting at it to play with their legos.


Dallas chose to use BC Cedar for the legs- which is important to him, because he is a BC boy originally. He also just really likes to work with cedar, it's his favourite wood to work with- and to smell. :)  Who doesn't LOVE the smell of cedar, people...



So, there you are. Another great idea for repurposing old items that may otherwise end up in a landfill.



Peace and love, friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...