Thursday 1 September 2016

My First Thrift Find For My New Home






I closed on my very own detached home on Monday. 




It's in a beautiful area of Hamilton, right around the corner from the last place that I lived/ rented. 







Although I was beyond thrilled to be able to purchase my townhome on my own 2 and a half years ago, when I went through a viewing of my new home- I felt like I was going back home.








I have a little over 2 weeks to rip up carpet, tear down wallpaper, paint, put down flooring....so we'll see how much gets done before move-in day.









But this post is about my first thrift find for my new place. And I love it.









I picked up this wire stand with a basket at Talize a week or so ago for $6.99.















I searched for a bit for a "Welcome" or an "Our Home" sign, or something similar- but couldn't find anything. Then I found a plain cork sign at the Dollarama. I figured that would work well, and just wrote "Welcome" on it myself. 








   






I added a potted mum plant, and now I have an adorable welcome piece for the front of my new home.













Cute, yes?







And totally worth the $6.99, I would say. :)








Happy Thursday, friends. 







Thanks for reading. 









Blessings.








7 comments:

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...