Tuesday 11 March 2014

Spring 2014 Hair Trends





As a hairstylist, I like to keep up with the trends of the season. And for some reason, I find spring and summer trends the most exciting. ESPECIALLY when they involve beautiful flowers... like the first trend, from Bazaar:







Flowers In The Hair






(photos from Bazaar)



 It is probably my inner hippy or my gypsy background, but I absolutely LOVE it when hair is adorned with real flowers. It just has such a beautiful bohemian feel to it.












Old World Braids




(photos from Bazaar)



I have to admit, I am SO happy that braids are still on-trend this season. I also have to admit that I became addicted to the series "Vikings" simply because I was obsessed with the women's intricately braided locks. 













Gold Details






(photos from Bazaar)


Honestly not my favourite trend...but an easy way to dress up any plain hairstyle, for sure.










Untidy Updos


(photos from Bazaar)



This trend makes it super simple for you, the 'hair-untrained', to do an updo on yourself. Who cares if it is messy? You are actually MORE trendy that way! Just backcomb and pin! 










Choppy Pageboy Wings



(photos from Bazaar)



Again, not necessarily MY favourite, but if it appeals to you- then go ahead and try this style out! I would definitely recommend asking for a ton of texture though, so that you don't end up with a 'bowl' haircut. It would also be a good way to be on-trend and to grow out a shorter pixie cut.






And lastly, here are some fun Colour Trends for 2014. Photo from Sequins and Scissors.





I am seriously digging the Copper Penny and Brownie Sombre (a softer ombre) right now.


And hats off to anyone rocking the Silver Colour Trend right now. Love it.





Spring IS coming, friends. Maybe if we try a few of these hair trends, it will come even faster?? ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...