Monday 10 March 2014

In My Maternity Closet- Do These Polka-Dots Make Me Look Fat? ;)







When I am pregnant (who am I kidding- even when I am NOT pregnant), I tend to gravitate to simple, solid items to wear. Why draw attention to the extra weight I'm carrying around with me?



BUT, every once in a while, I will break out of my rut and wear something with a pattern, or stripes, and this time....polka dots. 




The day went like this. As many of you know, I have been struggling to figure out the best course of action for myself, my boys and this little baby to come in a few weeks. I decided to go and speak with a service called Birthright International. It was a very relaxing experience. The woman I spoke with had a lot of resources she was able to point me to in order to help me feel more confident and capable welcoming this baby into our family. I do feel that I am now more aware of the resources out there that I can tap into, if need be.




The center runs on volunteers and donations. They had a second-hand Maternity Clothing section (and I am happy to now have a place where MY maternity clothes will go when I am done with them).



I feel pretty set for clothing, but I did pick up a hoodie, a pair of pants and this adorable polka-dot top. Well, my friend found the top and the hoodie for me. I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the entire experience.



I highly recommend anyone who is pregnant, thinks that they are pregnant, or knows someone that may be struggling with being pregnant- to go and speak with Birthright. Here is what they say about themselves on their website:



"Birthright is unique. We provide free, non-judgmental support and love to pregnant women and their unborn children. Birthright is not involved in any religious movements, political activities, or lobbying. Our focus is on loving the mother, and helping her help herself."



And that's what I felt. Love.








And here is how I wore my free, patterned, polka-dot shirt:











Polka-dot Top- Free
Black Cardi- $5.99 Talize
Jeans- Friend's Maternity Jeans (free)
Purse- $4.99 Salvation Army (also seen here)
Boots- $19.99 Value Village









Again- I DO apologize for the smudges and fingerprints all over my mirror... but until now, I haven't been able to bring myself to clean them.




But, you know what? I'm feeling pretty good these days. I think tomorrow I will clean them off. I'm ready to let the sun shine a little brighter into my room and into my life. :)






Blessings.








No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...