Friday 28 March 2014

In My Maternity Closet- A "Bar-Star" Dress Becomes An Awesome Maternity Shirt





I love getting things for free. 



Which means that some of my favourite words are when friends say to me, "I have some old clothes for you to go through."



It's pretty much better than Christmas for me.



I love recycling the items that I choose from a bag of cast-offs. I love breathing 'new life' into an item that someone has tired of. And I love finding a new use for an item, as well. 



This time, a "Bar-Star" dress becomes a Maternity Shirt.



In case you are unsure of what I mean by a "Bar-Star" dress, I mean the tight, slinky dresses that girls wear to go dancing in. They are quite stretchy- so you can dance comfortably in them- and this is perfect for a growing belly! And they are usually quite short- which means once the belly grows, they are a perfect shirt length.



Here's how I wear my dress-turned-maternity-shirt:











Oooooops, forgot to put on make-up. Pregnancy brain.... :s


Dress/ Shirt- Castoff from friend- Free
Pants- $5.99 Salvation Army Thrift Shop (Non-Maternity)
Boots- $19.99 Value Village (also seen here)
Necklace- Just One- World Changing Fashion 












Here I added a pop of colour with a teal cardigan.

Cardigan- $6.99 Value Village
Necklace- $8.99 Value Village







Thanks for reading, friends!



Hope this inspires you Mama's-to-be to browse the dress racks at your local thrift shop for some dress-turned-shirt options. :)



Blessings.







No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...