Sunday 9 December 2012

Pinterest-Inspired Thrifty-Chic: 6th Edition





Think that fabulous new fall look on Pinterest has to cost you a lot of money? I'll show you how to get the same look for a fraction of the original.




Do you doubt? Take a look...



 
 





2 amazing maxi-skirt looks from Pinterest








MY VERSIONS


























Look #1: Really cute and casual. I wore almost this exact outfit to a birthday party for my friend's 5-yr-old daughter.


Maxi-skirt- $7.99 Talize
Jean jacket- $12.99 Talize
Black tank- $5.99 Value Village
Cream- coloured clutch- $3.99 Value Village
Black ballet flats- $7.99 Talize



Look #2: A bit dressier. I find when the skirt has a slimmer fit- it automatically feels slightly more formal, or something. Maybe that's just me...


Black short-sleeved blouse- Cast-off from friend
Maxi-skirt- $7.99 Talize
Skinny belt- thrifted so long ago...$1.99 I believe
Black ballet flats- $7.99 Talize



Guaranteed, my outfits cost a fraction of the ones that are on Pinterest. Hope you are all getting inspired to take a look through your closet and to give thrifting a chance. Maybe as a New Year's Resolution, perhaps?? ;)



Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to all. Hope you are able to slow down and spend time with those that you love.



Blessings.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...