Friday 21 December 2012

In My Closet- Accessories

 
 
 
Hello friends, I thought that I would share with you some of my FAVOURITE thrifted accessories.
 

 
 
Accessories are an inexpensive way to update any outfit, bring life to an outfit with a pop of colour, or just show off your own unique style.
 

 
 
Here is what is in MY accessory closet:
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Was I NOT just saying last week that I was on the lookout for an infinity scarf? Well, lo and behold, I walked into Bibles for Missions yesterday and there was one hanging amidst the scarves! And for $2, no less!! Amazing. Love when that happens.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These are my FAVOURITE necklaces.If you know me at all, you will smile and nod because I will almost ALWAYS be wearing one of them. I found them both at Value Village (on separate visits) for under $6 each. These are also FANTASTIC distractions for little flowers girls to play with while I am working on wedding day hair. And, of course, for my boys as well...haha.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
I found these lovely turquoise pieces at a Calgary yard sale years ago. I'm sure that I got all 3 for under $10.









 
 
I really scored at Bibles for Missions yesterday. All of their jewelry was 50% off. I ended up getting this adorable vintage bow necklace for $1!! Seriously how cute is this!!
 
 











 I really like this necklace, although I don't wear it that often. I picked it up at Value Village for under $5.
 



 


 
 
 
 
Again, if you know me at all, you know that I LOVE big bracelets and bangles. The two on the left were thrifted at Value Village for under $5 each. The bangle on the right- one of my MOST favourite things- was picked up at Hawk and Sparrow at a James St North Art Crawl.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So, there you go folks. Some of my interesting, unique, and not-so-unique pieces that I usually have on.  
 
 
 
 
 
I really encourage you to consider thrifting at least some of your accessories. Not only will you save money and recycle, but you can find pieces that are more unique and individual.
 
 
 
 
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...