Friday 13 September 2019

In My Closet- Fall's Must-have Item: The 'Coatigan'!




So, who's heard of the term 'Coatigan'?

I truly wish that I had coined this phrase, but sadly, I did not.

I recently walked into my friend's Living Room and was proudly showing off a new thrifted item and my friend, Christy, said "Oh- it's a Coatigan!"

And all made sense in the world.

A long cardigan/coat = Coatigan. Of course!

I picked up this long fuzzy blue one at Value Village for a steal!



Blue Coatigan: $10.99 Value Village



The blur beside me is my son's friend Lucy trying to photobomb me. Haha.

But seriously, I really believe EVERYONE needs a Coatigan in their life. And a friend like Christy to keep them up on the latest clothing slang.

The very next day I popped into Style Encore. Because they are a consignment store, I was pretty confident that they would have at least one in stock. They did in fact have a few, and I snagged one in an Autumn-y cranberry colour. 

I was also able to replace my black booties that I wore for years until they broke beyond repair (Seen here and here).




Cranberry-coloured Coatigan: $13 at Style Encore
Jeans: thrifted years ago.
Tank: thrifted years ago.




Black Booties: $17 New with tags at Style Encore



Purse: FREE from my cousin's wife


If you are not on your way out the door to thrift your own Coatigan right now...What are you even doing??

Also, in case you don't belive me that "Coatigan" is a real term, check out what come up on Pinterest when I put the term in their search engine:







Love. Them. All.

Whether it's ankle-length, to-the-knee or shorter- this year, sweater-weather calls for a trendy Coatigan in your closet.

Thanks for reading, friends


Blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...