Wednesday 17 May 2017

My Thrifted/ DIY Sunburst Mirror





I've been drooling over beautiful Sunburst Mirrors all over Pinterest in the last few months.




Find these and other Sunburst Mirrors on Pinterest here.



I picked up a gold mirror from Talize for $3.99. I planned to make it into a Sunburst Mirror as soon as I had a few moments.


Months later....


The massive bare spot above my couch in my living room was starting to drive me crazy. And today was too hot to do any outside painting- or any outside work at all really.



Truth be told, I DID start to work on the Sunburst Mirror a couple of weeks ago.



I bought wooden dowels in 3 different diameters from Dollarama. I spray painted them gold.



I glued the different sizes onto the mirror, trying to give it a 'Sunburst-type-of feel".











Shortly after I had all of the wooden dowels glued on in the way that I liked, I tried hanging it on the wall. I did NOT make sure that it was secure.


And then THIS happened......






To be completely honest, I was SO disappointed and SO frustrated that I couldn't even look at this project for a number of days. Perhaps a bit melodramatic, I know.


BUT, then today, as I said- was too warm to do outside work, and I needed another way to procrastinate on my schoolwork, SOOOOOO...today my Sunburst Mirror was finished.
















I'm still searching for another couple of perfect pieces for the wall. It is quite expansive. 


I'll likely paint the other sides of these Christmas wall hangings (here and here) and put them up...but really, who knows...?



Right now I'll bask in the glow of my Sunburst Mirror...



....and ALSO the fact that I have had over 100,000 hits to my blog! Woohoo! I'm pretty happy about that.



I hope you have all had a chance to glance at "Why I buy second-hand", or the "Books/Movies" that have influenced me, or maybe you'd like to see one of the many thrifted outfits "In My Closet".



I'm currently working on a givewaway to celebrate 100,000 hits.



Blog post to come....soon.




Blessings, friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...