Tuesday 6 June 2017

In My Closet- Panama 2017





First of all, I would like to thank all of my readers that continue to read my blog even though my posts have become intermittent and few. Between school, work, navigating a relationship and 5 kids under 9, life is busy.



But, I still want to share how easy it is to continue to buy second-hand. That is one thing in my life that does not cause extra work. ;)



My boyfriend and I took a much-needed vacation in April. We decided to try a different destination than either of us had been to before and found a smokin' deal to Panama for a week. 



It was a great trip. Seeing the Panama Canal was so interesting- if you are ever able to get there, I highly recommend it!



Before we left, I took my boyfriend thrifting, as most of his summer clothes were cargo shorts and camouflage (which are great for the trailer this summer, but not-so-great for a 5 star resort). 



Here are the thrifted items that were in our Panamanian Closet.







I wore this dress our first night in Panama. I bought this dress at a consignment shop when I was visiting a dear friend in Calgary years ago, and I always think of Danielle whenever I wear it.


Sandals- $12.99 Value Village (also seen here)
 Clutch- Thrifted over a decade ago





 Got my bf in on the blogging as well. I think he liked posing for it a bit too much. Haha.

Blue polo- $5.99 Talize
Grey Shorts- $7.99 Talize





  This dress I grabbed one day while shopping with a friend. It was super flow-y and comfy and the perfect dress for touring around Panama for the day. A few people have asked me where I got my head scarf from that I was wearing in these photos. It was the belt that came with the dress! I just wrapped it around my hair for the day. It actually worked well to protect my head from the sun.




Dress/ Belt/ Head Scarf- $7.99 Talize




Again, the bf having way too much fun posing...

T-shirt- Free...found in the woods (true story!)
Shorts- $7.99 Talize
Flip-Flops- $4.99 Value Village







 Ah, this lbd (little black dress) has been everywhere with me! It's fantastic for work, and great for travel, it rolls up and tosses into a suitcase no problem!

Lbd- Thrifted so long ago, I can't remember how much I paid for it, but definitely under 10 bucks.
Silver sandals and clutch- see above





I nabbed this skirt at a thrift shop when I went in for something completely different and it caught my eye. Hand-made and SO cute! I had SOOO many compliments on this skirt the night I wore it!

Silver Pleated Skirt- $4.99 Mission Thrift Shop
Black Tank- Free from a Clothing Swap
Black/ Rhinestone Sandals- $3.99 Value Village






One of my favourite go-to dresses, this maxi can be dressed up or down.

Maxi Dress- $9.99 Value Village
Black Clutch- $3.99 Talize (seen here
Sandals- see above 






Apologies for the blurry photo of the dress, my bf's camera on his phone is cracked. Second photo was taken with my phone. :)

Dress- $12.99 Value Village (also seen here)
Boyfriend's Shirt- $8.99 Talize




Well, that about does it, folks. I only picked up one new-to-me item for this trip (Dress/ Belt/ Headscarf- $7.99). I will admit that we spent more on my boyfriend's wardrobe. BUT, he pretty much picked up an entire summer wardrobe (4 shirts, 4 pairs of shorts, 2 bathing suits and 2 pairs of flip-flops) for around $70. Not too shabby.



Hope this inspires you to try thrifting! It's great for your wallet, the earth (less waste), and you look fabulous! ;)




Thanks for reading! And I haven't forgotten about my next giveaway- still in the works!



Blessings.






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...