Tuesday 9 May 2017

For The Home- My DIY Half-A-Day Mailbox/ Light Refresh.



It's finally SPRING!

Time to FINALLY get at all the outdoor tasks that were piling up on my new home.

This past Saturday, while I was finishing up some school assignment, I decided to give my mailbox and my exterior light a quick refresh.

This isn't the best picture, but I forgot to take a before photo. This is cropped from another picture.





Before:






Again, I apologize for the poor quality photo. But I hope you can see that they were in pretty bad shape. And the light had ugly yellow glass for the light bulb to shine through.









First I sprayed the mailbox. It wasn't in too rough of shape- it was just an eye sore.




After a couple of coats of Rustoleum's Oil-Rubbed Bronze spray (my absolute fave- I also used it on my interior lights seen here), my mailbox looked brand new.



After:












I then sprayed the exterior light with the same spray paint. I removed the yellow glass, and replaced it with some chicken wire ($3 at Dollarama!)



After:










I'm SO happy with how this quick and easy project turned out! For a $13 can of spray paint (which I can use for other project now as well), and some chicken wire (I probably used 10 cents worth- if even that), I have a brand-new looking mailbox and light!








Thanks so much for stopping in and reading, friends.



Blessings!








No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...