Friday 19 August 2016

Back To School Thrifting- 13 Items For $30




Again, this is a time in my life when I will be unable to post as often as I would like. 


I have purchased a detached home that needs a lot of love (work), and will be moving in the next few weeks.


I promise to keep you updated on the recycled/ reclaimed items that I will find and use around my new place...and also post about day to day thrifting as often as I can.



I've been so busy with the sale of my home that I almost missed National Thrift Day!!! I mean, that is crazy. I probably enjoy that day more than my own birthday...for real...


On my way home from work Wednesday night, I was about to leave Waterdown, ON when I remembered that Value Village was having a 50% off sale to celebrate National Thrift Day. I quickly ran into Waterdown's Value Village at 830pm and decided that I would just focus on my oldest son's back to school wardrobe. My middle and youngest are quite well stocked with hand-me-down's anyway.



In a flurry, I picked up 13 items and was pleasantly surprised when the cashier asked for $30.05.


Here is what my 30 bucks got me:




A fall jacket (London Fog).



2 hoodies.
 2 pairs of jeans. 




2 pairs of shorts.

 

5 long-sleeved T-shirts.
1 short-sleeved T-shirt.



There you have it, friends. Save money, recycle, and get a new wardrobe for your child for $30.


I just wish that I had remembered to look for shoes....






Blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...