Monday 9 December 2013

2013 Christmas Repurposing and DIY Ideas






Last year I did a couple of posts on Christmas Repurposing Ideas (here and here).



They really are worth a glance- there are lots and lots of great repurposed holiday ideas.



Here are some new ideas for saving old. discarded items that may otherwise end up in a landfill. And some fabulous DIY ideas for creating gifts and decor items for around your home.



You can also visit my previous post on DIY gifts that you kids can make for their loved ones here.






I am going to start out with a friend's beautiful DIY project that she created last Christmas season.





Using an old frame, some wire, holiday clips and some gift bags- she created her very own Advent Calendar. 

This would be fabulous for those parents that don't want their kids eating chocolate every day. You can see she has mixed it up with some school supplies for her girls. :)






And here are some more fabulous ideas:






Coffee Tin Snowman. Love this.








I think these repurposed jar votives are so beautiful. Just add some pinecones, ribbon and some cedar. I'll bet they smell glorious as well!









What a great excuse to open (and finish!) that bottle of wine! Cute.







How thoughtful would these be to give out to your neighbors?? :)








I love this repurposed wood sign to hang your stocking on. You could also use a repurposed coat rack. They are ALWAYS at the thrift shops.








Another great excuse to drink up that wine.  Paint the corks to create adorable ornaments for your tree. 











There is just SO much repurposed loveliness here! An old rake, part of an old door....Love it so much.  










If you are wondering what to do with your old baby food jars- here's a great idea! Turn them into sweet miniature snow globes. 








This is a similar idea to my friend's advent calendar.  Reuse an old frame and some ribbon to display your holiday cards.










Last year I posted about making old lightbulbs into ornaments. Or- you can simply place them in a bowl for an instant holiday decoration.











I love this. An old ruler, some random game pieces, and some glue and you have a super sweet, original ornament.












I posted about this last year- but it is such a simple and easy repurposing idea.... reuse last year's holiday cards for this year's gift tags. I do this every year.









Paint an old pallet to create a space-saving tree that you can hang your ornaments on.










Another simple and useful repurposing idea for last year's holiday cards. You can make them into bookmarks. I will be doing this, for sure.







And finally, one more idea for old holiday cards- because I know that you have PLENTY....

Turn them into holiday postcards to send a lovely message to your loved ones this holiday season.

And who doesn't love getting postcards?? :) 












So friends, these were my favourite repurposing ideas for the 2013 holiday season.



Of course, I found them all (minus my friend's calendar) on Pinterest.





I hope you've been inspired to look around and decorate your home by giving something you already own a new brand new purpose.





New life.


This is the reason for the season, after all.






Blessings to all.






No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...