Tuesday 1 October 2013

There's A New (To Me) Thrift Shop In Town!






I've been meaning to check out this new(ish) thrift store- The reSource Thrift Shop.









I was so excited!! I love little whole-in-the-wall thrift shops. They always seem to have the best deals, even if you have to dig a little harder to find them.




Unfortunately, I have to say, I was not hugely impressed with their prices. I was expecting them to be similar to BFM prices. But they were not. They DID have a $1 clothing rack, but there wasn't anything that I was interested in personally.




More than some items that I found were priced a wee bit high- in my humble opinion. There was a tricycle (in great shape, mind you) for $25. To me- that isn't a thrift shop price. I would expect to pay that at a second-hand bike shop. I also noticed a lot of the kid's, as well as baby items, were just simply over-priced.




But, if you ask me- I think that it is just an issue of volunteers trying to make as much money for an organization that they believe in. So...I can hardly fault them for that.





I DID pick up this fabulous sconce for my bedroom wall. It was $7. Again, more like the "big-box" (lol) Value Village prices instead of a little independent thrift shop price. But, I loved it. So I splurged. Haha.












I also grabbed a mini skateboard for my oldest son. It wasn't in great shape- but it was only $2 (an appropriate price, I believe).




Unfortunately, my littlest took to it as well....I foresee many fights in the future over this item.










My little one staking his claim in the parking lot. :S












All-in-all not a bad experience. I would definitely pop in again. Now that I know what to expect in regards to their pricing, I won't be surprised next time.





You never know where you are going to find that next amazing gem.





Blessings.







No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...