Friday 27 September 2013

In My Closet- A Fabulous Red Maxi Skirt




Today after work, I decided to pop into Talize and see if there was anything that caught my eye. 



When I am not looking for anything in particular, I usually head to the accessories first. That way something great might jump out at me, rather than trying to co-ordinate with an arm-full of clothing that I may have on me



I found a lovely cobalt blue scarf (still loving this colour) with sparrows on it. This worked out well, since I also found a fun cobalt blue sleeveless cardigan.



Just before I hit the change room with an arm-full of potential scores, I sauntered down the skirt rack. This gorgeous red maxi skirt caught my eye right away- which is weird...I don't own ANYTHING red. I guess maybe that's why it caught my eye....



As soon as I slipped it on, I was in love. It is soft, flow-y, and light. AND bright. AND so fun.



I decided to wear it out to dinner with my sister. We ate at Bombay Grill. This time I was smarter than when I posted about my sushi lunch...THIS time I took photos BEFORE my belly was full!! Haha.




Here is my dinner-date with my sister, thrifted outfit:







Maxi Skirt- $6.99 Talize 
Scarf- $3.99 Talize
Denim Vest- $3.50 Talize (also seen here)
Black Flats- $6.99 Talize 





Happy Friday, friends. 


I hope you have a wonderful weekend spending some down-time, hopefully with those you love.


It's the perfect time of year to go apple-picking or for a hike through the beautiful newly-changing leaves.


Life is good.


Blessings.



2 comments:

  1. LOVE! I started wearing red once I dyed my hair brown and I haven't looked back since :) That skirt is a fabulous first red item!

    ReplyDelete

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...