Saturday 6 April 2013

Cow-Town Consigning & Art Battle Auctioning




I've returned from Calgary with some amazing memories, some one-of-a-kind art, and a couple of fabulous consignment shop scores.


My friend and I decided to check out the local consignment shop Vespucci. It was definitely a higher-end shop than I normally pop into. Mostly name-brand items and samples from some talented designers. It was very well organized and extremely clean, which was obviously reflected in the prices.


If you are someone that likes higher-end clothing- this is a great spot to pick up some great names at a discounted price.


Here are the items that my friend and I were oh-so-excited about....






This picture shows the bright colours in this dress the best. :) 







I feel like this dress was made just for me. I love the fit. I love the fabric. I LOVE the colours. I don't usually pay $29.99 to own a second hand dress, but I didn't mind at all. I love everything about it. I also snapped up a very soft and pretty mint cardigan. I was more than pleased since I've been searching for something mint lately. :)


Dress- $29.99 Vespucci
Booties- $9.99 Talize
Jewelry- Just One










I actually picked out this top for myself, but passed it on to my friend, Danielle, to try. It just screamed 'her' when I looked at it in the dressing room. I am SO glad that she ended up taking it home. It looks like it was made for her, as well. :)


Banana Republic Top- $39.99 - 20% off






The night before hitting Vespucci, Danielle and I attended the Gorrilla House LIVE ART- and Art Battle and auction. 

"What is an Art Battle?" you ask... It is 2 hours of watching various artists create one-of-a-kind pieces using many different mediums that they then auction off. 50% of the proceeds go to the artist and the other 50% goes to the Gorrilla House. 

We had a fabulous time and went home with some  really great pieces. 

If you live in Calgary, I highly recommend popping in. The LIVE ART runs every Wednesday night from 
7- 10pm (ish).



Here is what I snapped up:




I CAN'T WAIT to get this framed. I love the colours, they are perfect in my living room. 





I loved everything about these pieces. The colours, the texture, the metallic finishes. I was SO happy to get them up on my wall. :)







Well, I am happy to be back home in the Hammer, friends. At least for a couple of days...then off to the Dominican. I will be posting the cute thrifted outfits that I wear down there upon my return.




Blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...