Saturday 17 August 2019

Confessions of a Single Mom....Again.



Yesterday my husband of 2 years packed his belongings.


Monday would be our 2nd Wedding Anniversary.

What am I feeling? Well...

I feel so completely devastated for the 5 kids involved.

I feel relief because there is no more fighting or hostility in the home.

I grieve the marriage and family that I expected us to have together. 

I blame myself for not being able to bring that dream to reality.

I feel hope that MAYBE there is a sliver of hope for a future together...one day.

I feel ashamed that I even let myself hope.



Please friends, I will need grace in the coming days and weeks if I:

* am slow to repond to a text or a message. Somtimes it hits me so hard and I can't even function for a time.

* refer to him as my husband. Are you exes as soon as one moves out? Or is that saved for if a divorce is finalized? I am not sure.

* I continue to wear my wedding ring for longer than I should. I truly thought that I would NEVER take it off.

* I'm smiling with tears in my eyes. I am probably trying to remain strong while barely keeping it together.




The house is too quiet. I miss the chaos of 5 kids running around. The driveway seems so empty now. His truck was a comfort, somehow.




I have been madly in love with this man for 3 years. I crushed on him for years prior. And I am in love with him still.


I read this quote recently, and it resonates with me:


"Did you love him"
"Yes"
"How much?"
Does it matter?"
"Why does it not?"
"Because it wasn't enough to make him stay."

~A.B (via sleevesofgrass)


So for now I sit hurting, loving, blaming, grieving, hoping, shaming... feeling a new feeling with each new moment.


So please be gracious. Today, it is very difficult to be strong.






Blessings.



2 comments:

  1. Brave and Beautiful! It is going to hurt for a long while but at least you love yourself and those 5 kids enough to let go. I pray you feel peace on the tough days, and when you feel like you can not carry yourself let God carry you. Give it to him! Ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sooooooo true!! I don't have to bear this burden alone!🙌🙏

      Delete

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...