Monday 11 December 2017

My Second-Hand Christmas 2017






It was likely coming home to newly-fallen snow tonight. 



Or maybe it was the chilly December evening.



Whatever it was, I just had to turn on all my cozy Christmas lights and snuggle up with this year's Christmas decor.



Being in teacher's college this past year has forced me to cut back in many areas of my life. Time with friends, the quality of my cooking, cleaning the house...and this year I only put out the necessities when it came to Christmas decorations. 



In the back of my mind I kept thinking- "Remember, this all has to back AWAY again in a few weeks"...



SO, I thought I would share the lucky pieces that made the cut. 




OF COURSE, I had to update my ladder out front of my home:


Ladder- found on the side of the road. 
N*O*E*L- letters drawn with black marker on placemats.
Edison lights- Habitat for Humanity store- $40

(Also seen HERE from last Christmas)







This was the one piece that I bought for decoration this year.



I bought this sign at Robert Bateman High School's Christmas craft sale. I actually really REALLY love it. It was made my some student's in the Special Education Department at the school and I scored it for only $4!

I love that they used repurposed hardware to spell out the word "JOY".






Next we'll go to my 'plywood Christmas signs that I made last year.


To take a closer look at my "O Come Let Us Adore Him" sign that I made- you can find it HERE.

For my "A Thrill Of Hope..." sign- you can find that HERE.

For the repurposed 'Starburst Mirror' DIY- you can find that HERE.






Also in the Living Room, I repurposed these crates that I bought on Kijiji for my wedding in August for $25 each into a sort of shelf. So far, I'm loving it.


The Santa figurines were my Grandma's. I'm in love with them.





In the Dining Room, I kept it very simple this year, as well. 

On top of the piano I displayed a nativity inside of a green crate that I've had FOREVER.








The gold wire star I picked up over the summer as wedding decor. Pretty sure I only paid $1.99 for it. With some LED lights- it's quite Christmas-y.




These Votive candle holders were also picked up for my wedding and were placed on the dinner tables. Pretty sure the white ones were $1.99 and $2.99. The burgandy one I think was $3.99.
The wood slice coasters were $1.50 each at the Resource Thrift Shop.






And in my kitchen, I just put out these little lovelies. 



I've always loved these little vintage Santa candle sticks/ salt and pepper shakers of my Grandma's. Now every day I get to gaze at them in my own kitchen.






And that's pretty much it for my second-hand decorating this year. 




Thanks for stopping by.





Many blessings for a very happy holiday season!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...