Tuesday 5 July 2016

How to Repurpose An Old Placemat Into An Adorable Purse!











So, I'm pretty excited about this really fun DIY idea! I saw the tutorial for the placemat to purse DIY pictured above on Pinterest and just HAD to search for more!  






Some are as easy as gluing the sides together and some you will need a sewing machine to achieve... but here are my fave repurposing placemat to purse DIY's:











Although many of the tutorials are basically the same idea, this tutorial from Lil Blue Boo does require a sewing machine and basic skills. 
Read tutorial HERE









This tutorial from Something Is Done is similar to the one above, but I do like the added strap idea. 
Read this tutorial HERE









This is another similar tutorial that I found on Craftaholics Anonymous. I really love how she incorporated the tassel detailing.
Read this How-To HERE.














This tutorial from The Kipi Blog uses a sewing machine and a zipper for closure. Very, very cute.
Read how-to make this clutch HERE.










This tutorial on Repeat Possessions was definitely the easiest of the ones I liked. No sewing. None. You just need glue and a repurposed belt for this simple DIY.
Read how to make this clutch HERE.









I found another somewhat simple tutorial on Average But Inspired. No sewing machine is required and I like how she used thread in a contracting fabric to hand sew the sides.
Read the tutorial for this clutch HERE.






And last, but certainly not least, of my favourites:




This hand-sewn cross-body purse was made by Paper And Stitch from 2 placemats and a leather strap that she had lying around from a previous purse-to-clutch revamp. AND she made it for under $10! It looks really easy to do and I just love the way it looks!




Well, thanks for reading friends!



I hope you'll let me know if you try any of these tutorials! I'd love to see the finished product!



If you don't have any placemats lying around, you can buy them for super cheap (and recycle at the same time) at any thrift shop!
Read the cross-body purse tutorial HERE.




Blessings and happy thrifting!






No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...