Wednesday 2 July 2014

The Perfect Kijiji-ed Birthday Gift





For my 3-year-old's birthday present, I watched kijiji for a few days.


Right now (and pretty much since the day he was born), he is into all things superhero.


I picked up this bag of various superheroes for $10. Pretty good score, huh?


It included a few Batman's,  Robin, Aquaman, Penguin, Gorilla Grodd , Joker, Riddler, and many others. :)



The same day, I popped into Talize to see if they had anything I could add to the gift. I found a DC Super Friends book for 99 cents. It was perfect.







 It had a spot in the back that I could put the figurines.




He loved it. :)





I threw in a swimsuit for $3.99. He loved THAT almost as much. Haha.











Getting a gift for my kid that he loves for $14.99 total- I LOVE that.


I realize that there MAY come a day when my kids beg me for something brand new. But until then, I will try to impart my views of thrifting and buying second-hand, and to explain WHY I believe that it is important.



Try thrifting your next birthday gift. :)  The earth will thank you. 





Peace and blessings.









No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...