Wednesday 16 July 2014

Hair Post- Considering A Lob












It was considered the "IT" hairstyle for 2013. Soooooo, I guess that means that I am a year late to the party.



But I am now considering a Lob Haircut.



The term "Lob" refers to a long bob. A Lob should be shoulder-length or slightly longer. It should be relatively blunt at the bottom (or at least, those are the ones that I prefer), with very little layering throughout. You can have a Lob with bangs or without.




Considering my hair right now is halfway down my back (or a bit longer than that), I need to give it a bit more thought. 




I also need to consider my laziness and lack of time (but mostly laziness) when it comes to keeping up a haircut. Right now I cut my hair every few months, but with a lob, I would need to cut it every 8 weeks or so to keep it's shape.




Whether or not I take the plunge and actually cut my locks, the Lob is definitely my favourite hairstyle right now.




Here are some of my favourite Lobs:






Straight Lobs















Wavy Lobs




















Curly Lobs















What do you think? Are Lobs a hit or a miss in your opinion?



I'll be sure to update with a photo IF I do cut my hair....If it's in good-enough shape- I'm hoping to donate it......






Thanks for reading.



Peace.







UPDATE:


I actually ended up hacking at it myself the next morning.

I figured if I waited, I would lose my nerve.




My pile of cut hair. Unfortunately it was too processed/ not quite long enough to donate. :(



After my hair was cut, I put some waves in with a 1 1/4 inch curling iron.



After- my bathroom selfie. ;) 



After- with my sister's professional camera  



Loving the Lob so far. Hoping I can keep it up.... I've already decided that it WILL be long again, though. ;)




7 comments:

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...