Tuesday 7 May 2013

In My Closet- My Fabulously Amazing Sequin Jacket






When I posted the photo of my new sequin jacket the day I snapped it up- I was surprised that many people did NOT share my love for it. Haha.


Most said that they felt that it was a bit too 'old' for me. 



Well friends- hold on to your hats....sequins are not just for your grandmas anymore.





If you go to Pinterest and search for 'sequin jacket', you may be surprised at the adorable outfits that pop up. :)



Here is my favourite:



Interesting...she doesn't look 'old' or 'out-of-date' to me.... ;)






Here is the jacket that I picked up at Bibles For Missions last Friday:



I was so excited when I stumbled on this little gem. I had to stop myself from literally skipping out of the store. Not only did I love the colours and the sparkle, I love that it was regularly $59.95 and I snapped it up for $10.






So- here are some different ways that I would wear this jacket, some casual, some dressier....







This would be for an evening out- obviously....I'm sure you could tell that I wouldn't throw this on to go grocery shopping, lol.

One-Shoulder Dress- $12.99 Talize
Clutch-$3.99 Talize






(I know- great pic of me...haha)




If I wear my jacket with some black shorts or legging and a loose blouse, it is perfect for drinks with the girls or sitting on a patio.

Blouse $4- Value Village
Black shorts- Value Village (also seen here)
Black leggings- $7.99 Value Village












If I pair my jacket with a black maxi and a white tank, it seems to dress it down a bit- I think.

White tank- $5.99 Talize
Black maxi skirt- $7.99 Value Village









And, wearing it with denim shorts and a simple tank and flats makes it perfect for heading to an Art Crawl  on James Str. N.

Denim shorts- $5.99 Value Village
Tank- $4.99 Talize







And finally, the most casual look, with a black tank and a flow-y maxi. Great for window-shopping on a cooler day.

Maxi skirt- $7.99 Talize








So....that is how I plan to wear this lovely jacket. Have I convinced anyone out there to add some sparkle and/or sequins to their wardrobe??



 Enjoy this fabulous weather if you live in the GTA. It really has been a perfect few days....



Blessings.



4 comments:

  1. Hi - i too love me some sparkle! I think you should go into the business of looking at what people have in their closet and how to combine items. I usually only wear the same combination. You have a gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting...you actually think people would pay me to do that???

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


  3. Natalie Boucher7 May 2013 09:59

    I believe that Evelyn is onto exactly what you should be doing!! "Sparkle" is good and looks awesome on you!! You can pull off almost anything!!!
    For those with the "too old" for their comments, I think may not be as open to adventure as you are!!! You rock girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...