Monday 24 January 2022

Support for Truckers in a World Gone Sideways (The Only Direction Deemed Safe by our Government)

 

Yesterday the trucker convoy began in Canada,


Early Sunday morning in Newfoundland.


In case you are living under a rock, here in Canada, the truckers that have been delivering our goods to us through the entire pandemic (the last TWO YEARS) have been told that they can no longer cross the border into the States.


And the truckers from the States, that bring us our food, fuel, etc. have been told they can no longer come into Canada.


After TWO YEARS, the government has now decided that it is unsafe. For individuals that generally spend up to nine hours a day alone. Safe to go East to West, but not North to South. 


Sideways= safe. Up and Down= unsafe.


This is not being covered by the media. Weighing stations have been told to stop the trucks and to slow them down on their cross-country trip to Ottawa on Saturday.


I am so grateful to see all of the support for these heroes (which is how I see them), as they refuse to give in to medical coercion. I am given hope as I watch them band together, in a peaceful, meaningful protest.


I am happy to see the support, but at the same time, I am saddened that it took this long.


This latest wave of Covid has killed the highest number yet in the over 70-year-old age range. This age group is over 80% fully vaxxed and boosted. It isn't working. Lockdowns aren't working. Mandates aren't working.


Why the sudden support all over Facebook and social media for the truckers? I believe because NOW it affects everyone. The people that have been too afraid to get together with their closest loved ones now fear the empty shelves in the grocery stores.


What about all of the Small Business Owners over the last two years that opened their kitchen cupboards to empty shelves because of the mandated lockdowns? Why didn't people care then?


I'm sad to say that it seems that Covid has truly brought out the worst in people. Friendships have ended. Families have been torn apart. Business owners have gone bankrupt and, for WHAT?? 


Because people were promised travel, dining in restaurants, movies and popcorn?


Why does it take empty store shelves for people to finally start to realize that this has all been for nothing?


Every single small business owner I know personally is struggling. Individuals that hesitated to get vaccinated were called "Selfish" and "Privileged".


Was I 'privileged' to watch my closest friends 'unselfishly' gather together over the last two years while I was 'selfishly' excluded?


Was I 'privileged' to be reamed out by clients and customers when I forgot to mention that I hadn't gotten jabbed? (Side note- that was in no way any of their right to demand my medical information). I DID inform my regular clients because I love and respect them- NOT because I was in any way obliged to. If you are too afraid to get your hair cut, then that would be up to you to ask- and up to the stylist whether or not they wish to tell you. And if you want to know whether someone is vaxxed? Just take a look at their social media. If they are- you WILL know.


I saw a "friend" post recently (when schools here in Ontario were locked down again) that the schools should be open if people could get "haircuts" and "manicures". Again, this person was upset only because they were being inconvenienced (after being completely FOR such businesses being unable to survive for the past two years). This person could not see that the individuals providing the services, that she so flippantly dismissed, had been locked down for the longest amount of time in North America up until this point.


Support the truckers. Not because it NOW affects you, but because they are the only profession so far to band together and take a stand for freedom.


And support the small businesses. The amount of people that have messaged me and told me that they no longer support me because I stand against  mandates, is troubling.


I suppose they would rather support a big box store that has been 'allowed' to stay open, rather than a single mom trying to provide for her kids WHILE also trying to protect their future freedoms.


I hope, when this is all over, that relationships of all kinds can be mended.


Personally, I truly have no idea how to heal to the relationships in my own life that seemed so easy to cast away, because the government mandated it so.


Support the truckers. because we desperately need them.


Support the Small Business Owners, because goodness knows, we desperately need them too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...