Monday 28 September 2015

Repurposed Halloween Decor 2015









It's that time of year again. 



The time to look around the home for items to repurpose into some spoooooo-ky decorations.



 This year I found plenty of DIY ideas made from garbage items that most of us have lying around the home every day.









These little bats caught my eye right away this year! So easy and adorable! 






A couple of toilet paper rolls, some construction paper and markers- and voila! A fun (and repurposed) Halloween craft for the kids to help make. You can find the step-by-steps here









 Here's another DIY that the kiddos will love. These bottle cap magnets are too cute!




Some googly eyes, glitter and felt and you've got yourself some bottle cap bats. Tutorial here










And here's another one for the kids and also made with repurposed bottle caps. Halloween hair clips.


 

Seriously, how sweet are these hair clips?? And easy! Directions on how to make a spider, bat and pumpkin hair clip here










I just loved these cereal box monsters when I saw them!




How cute are these for around the home, and who DOESN'T have extra cereal boxes? Side note- any other boxes could be used. Find the easy-peasy step-by-steps here.










These 'Junkin' Pumpkins' caught me eye with their adorable rustic feel.



My recycling bins are always overflowing with tin cans from pasta sauce, beans, diced tomatoes etc. Now I have a re-purpose for them!

You can find the tutorial for these pumpkins here.









I don't have a tutorial for this craft- but I am just in love with the string art that I am seeing all over Pinterest these days. This skull would be super cute put up alongside some halloween decor. If you have a piece of wood, some paint, nails and string- then you can have this:













And if you have any tea light jars (or baby food jars) around...I mean- who doesn't? Those things seem to multiply on their own...you can wrap them in black lace for this very pretty decor DIY. 













And finally- to finish with a yummy Halloween treat idea. Any child...who am I kidding- or ADULT- would LOVE to get this at a Halloween party!








For more Repurposed Halloween DIY ideas you can check out my 2013 post here, and last year's post here.

I also did a post on Repurposed Fall Decor here







Hope you are all enjoying the change of season. The crispness in the air, the beauty of the leaves as they begin to change, and the over-abundance of pumpkin-spice EVERYTHING. ;)



 Thanks for reading. Blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...