Tuesday 7 April 2015

10 Ways To Add Interest To Your Hair With Not-So-Simple Bobby Pins







I read this post this morning on 25 Ways To Transform Your Hair With Just Bobby Pins on Aol.




And since I'm ALL about adding interest to your hair with little effort- I wanted to share some of my faves from this post.



I also love the added bonus that most of it repurposing your plain, boring, usually-hidden pins into items of beauty. And who doesn't have a tonne of bobby pins around?



Here are my Top 10 ideas:






I just LOVE this idea of gluing alphabet pasta onto bobby pins to spell out any word you desire. Then go over the letters and the pin with some nail polish. Voila! Custom hair pins.






In a similar way, I love these little wooden triangles that are glued to bobby pins as well.






Make your colour pins make a bigger statement by placing them in a chevron pattern. I have also seen 3 pins placed in a triangle pattern, and loved that look as well.







You can add a bit of sparkle to a simple top knot by gluing gemstones to your bobby pins. So easy and cute!








Love these red bobby pins. I EXTRA love that they match her lips. Simply paint your plain bobby pins with nail polish or craft paint (spray or brush on).







 Super duper adorable and easy studded bobby pin DIY here.







And you can always use your baby pins in the way that they were for- to be hidden. For this awesome fishtail half updo click here.





Also, there really is no other way than bobby pins to secure your fabulous milkmaid braids.







Love these 'Peppermint Swirl' bobby pins. You caould make them with any colour beads/wire that you'd like! DIY instructions here.







And lastly, sometimes the simplest things are the most beautiful.Try this Fold Over Bang Twist if you have bangs, or not. Click here for the DIY instructions.











Hope these ideas help you add some easy interest to your hair, friends. Long hair or short hair- thin or thick- bobby pins can be used on all types of hair.



I also love the tip of spraying your bobby pins with shot of dry shampoo or hairspray for some added tackiness and hold on the pins.



For all 25 bobby pin transformation ideas go to Aol's post here.







Blessings.








No comments:

Post a Comment

100 Days Sober

*Trigger Warning. Sexual Assault Content * Today I'm 100 days sober. Getting sober has definitely caused me to dig deep, wit...